payback.ie

Payback Payroll Forums
It is currently

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: How to email payslips
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

To enable email payslips;

- Click 'Admin / Options / Preferences'
- Check the 'Use Online Timesheets' box
- Click 'Update' button

Now when you click on the 'Employee' screen, you'll see a new tab appearing called 'Timesheet' - This is where you can enter the employee's email address.

When you use the email payslips function, the payslip will be sent to the email you enter here.

We recommend using the Payback SMTP server to send emails. However if you want to use MS Outlook you can. To change the email server settings, do the following;

- Click 'Admin / Options / Preferences'
- Under 'Email payslip options' select 'Payback.ie SMTP Server'
- Enter a 'Reply to' email address (if an email bounces, this is the address the bounce will go to, so we recommend entering your own email address here)
- Click 'Update' button

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Thank you for your quick answer. I set up my system, but when I wanted to send the payslips via e-mail I got the following error message: Run time error -2147024894 (80070002) and "Cannot find this file. Verify the path and file name are correct" What shall I do now?

Eva

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hi Eva,

This is a known issue which can sometimes occur with the email payslips feature when using Outlook.

We would recommend using the SMTP server settings if Outlook is giving you problems.

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Is there a way to email payslips without using MS Outlook. There are a few new settings in the Preference page since I last looked at this feature.

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hi James,

Yes, there are now three ways to email payslips:

1. Using outlook
2. Using Payback SMTP server
3. Using your own SMTP server

The easiest one to use the Payback SMTP server. In the Preferences tab of the Options screen, select 'Payback.ie SMTP Server' and put in a valid Reply-to email address. This email address is a return address for payslips that do not get delivered. If you have put in an incorrect email address for an employee, the payslip email will be returned to this address.

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hi Eamonn

Unfortunately I still cannot get to email payslips.

I have entered all the information as above. When I go to reports and email payslips a series of messages come up in the box to the right of the screen followed by "emails sent successfully" but no emails ever arrive, not even one to say the email bounced. I am sure I have the correct email address entered.

Kind Regards

dbran

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

dbran wrote:
I have entered all the information as above. When I go to reports and email payslips a series of messages come up in the box to the right of the screen followed by "emails sent successfully" but no emails ever arrive. I am sure I have the correct email address entered.

In the Admin / Preferences screen, please make sure you've entered your own email address in the 'Reply-to email address' field. Also, have you selected 'Payback.ie SMTP Server' as the sending option, or one of the other two?

This is very important, as it is the address that any email bounce-backs will be sent to.

If the progress box is showing the emails have been sent, then they could be getting blocked at the recipient end, by a spam filter, for example.

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hi

I have done all of these things and unfortunately no joy.

Kind Regards

dbran

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

dbran wrote:
I have done all of these things and unfortunately no joy.

Please click Admin / Support / Support / Email Database and send me a copy of your database.

This will ensure you're able to send email from your set-up, and also let me see how you have it configured.

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hi

Just sent it now.

Regards

dbran

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next