payback.ie

Payback Payroll Forums
It is currently

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

One of my employees left in April and I P45'd them. They went to work somewhere else for a few months. They have just returned and I want to re-employ them. How do I do this?

The easiest way to do this is set them up as a new employee. Remember to put their P45 information in the employee screen.

The P35 sums employees up based on their PPS number, so please ensure that you use the same PPS number

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hi

I have just read your post but noticed that it was written back in Nov 2007 so just double checking that it is still valid.

I have been using Payback since 2007 so have gone through a few versions and am currently using V 9.03.

We had an employee who worked for us for a few months back in 2007 and left our company in sept 2007. She has returned this week to rejoin us.

When I go into the 'Employee' tab in 'Main', she is still appearing in the list. Do I 'update' employee with her new details to kickstart her payroll again or do I 'Add New Employee' and have her appearing in the list twice?

I am presuming I am adding her as a New Employee but I just want to double check as your original FAQ is 4 years old.

Thanks for your help.
Glenn

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hi Glenn - Yes, this method still applies.

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hello Eamon

We've just re-employed a lady who worked for us up to 2008. She was properly P45'd back then and her details are still on the system. I've set her up as a new employee and entered her latest P45 details in the correct screen. However, Payback is adding her latest figures to the 2008 totals and her first payslip is in the negative thousands. What should I do?

All the best
JAMES

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hi James,

Please could you send us your database and we'll check it out to see what is going on?
You can do this by going to Support, and click the 'Email database' tab.

Put the name of the employee in the comments.

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Eamon. In my case the employee left and has not worked anywhere else in the meantime and did not sign on for SW. Is the best thing to set them up as a new employees still?

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Suey65 - if the employee has not had any taxable income from the time they were last employed, then the easiest solution would be just to 'undo' the P45.
Click the P45 button at the top of the employee screen, and then select 'Undo P45'

(Either solution - setting up a new employee, or undoing the P45 - will work in this case)

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Thought about undoing the P45, but as it has already been submitted to Revenue we just decided to register them as a new employee.

Thanks anyway.

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Will they be listed as two employees on P35 or just one?

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Employee records with the same PPS number are merged for the P35.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next