|Moving Payback from an old PC to a new PC
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||eamon [ ]|
|Post subject:||Moving Payback from an old PC to a new PC|
To copy Payback from an old PC and move it to a new PC, please follow these instructions.
On your old PC:
1. Backup your Payback data. To do this select 'Admin' on the left and click the 'Backup' icon. Then click the 'Backup' button. Payback will prompt you for a file name. Save the file to somewhere you can easily remember, like your Desktop.
2. Copy the data from your old PC to your new PC. Copy the file you backed up to the new PC to a location you can easily remember, like the Desktop. You can use a USB key, a CD-R, or even email yourself the file to copy it to the new PC.
On your new PC:
1. Download the latest version of Payback onto your new PC from http://www.payback.ie/download.shtml
2. Install this version of Payback onto your new PC (Run the setup.exe you downloaded in step one)
3. Enter your registration details. Click 'Admin' on the left hand side of the screen, click the 'Options' icon, and select the 'Registration' tab. Input your registration details and then click the 'Update' button at the top (You will find your registration details on this screen in your old PC, or it will be in your original registration email)
You can also retrieve your registration details from here:
4. Restore your data. Select 'Admin' on the left, click 'Backup', select the 'Restore' tab, and click the 'Restore' button. Choose the backup file you copied across from your old PC, and click 'OK'
5. Restart Payback and check your data is correct.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group